Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Saturday, December 08, 2007

What a Day!




Friday was a marathon day! It started out with the busiest catering day that I can remember. I got to work a little before 4am and completed 10 catering jobs before 10am. I don't know how I pulled it off-- well actually I do know: lots of help! I had three people delivering the orders while I got to stay in the restaurant and coordinate everything. I like doing the coordinating!

After all of the deliveries were completed, David and I went to Ikea to get me a new desk for the office. have you been to Ikea yet? I'm probably the only person in Atlanta that's never been, and boy have I been missing out! I plan to visit there a lot in the future! I got a great desk and a filing cabinet. Of course, most of their furniture comes in kits, so it took me several hours to get the desk completed. I haven't even started on the filing cabinet yet. Maybe tomorrow?


After I got the desk taken care of, I rushed back home and changed clothes and then headed back to the Biscuit to meet my family. Mom, Joel, Martha and Jim were there to partake in the four course wine dinner. Delia, Spener and Molly were hosting and I was very impressed. I've been at the Biscuit for almost four years now, and this was the second "Fixed Price Friday" that I've attended. We can really be impressive when we try! Thanks to Spencer and the crew for treating my family so well, and for giving them the impression that I'm a little important in the scheme of things around the Biscuit!


After an incredible dinner of Crabcakes, pear salad, Ostrich filet and bourbon cake (and several glasses of wine), we headed to the Horizon Theatre to see "Santaland Diaries". I received some free tickets from one of my catering clients a couple of weeks ago and wanted to take the family so that they could experience something new. We had great seats-- in the front row of the small theater. The show was just as funny as I remembered, and my family really enjoyed it too. My only regret is that Jim couldn't join us fo rthe play-- I only had 4 tickets, and I didn't know he was even in town til the last minute. I did aske if he wanted to join us; I would've bought him a ticket. But, he apparently had somewhere else to be and declined.



I got home fairly late and crawled into bed. The alarm went off three hours later and I headed back to work to coordinate several more catering jobs, and to finish assembling the desk. The new desk is a lot larger than the old one, and it kind of crowds the office that I share with Delia and Molly. I had to do a little rearranging and lots of cleaning and throwing away, but other than the fact that the desk extends into the doorway a couple of inches, it turned out pretty good. After some much deserved rest today, I'm going to go back in the morning and get started on that filing cabinet, and then a final cleaning to get rid of all of the clutter that distracts me so much while I'm trying to work. I would really like to be a minimalist (especially at work) and get rid of all of the knick-knacks and other items that are just sitting there collecting dust. I got a good start on it today and hopefully I can get it finished tomorrow.

I also have to make time to rake my yard. it isn't that bad, but I received a warning from the city that I had 5 days to remove the "excess leaves" from yard or I will be fined. I'd like to know who decides how many leaves are excessive? I will go ahead and take care of the yard this weekend, but I really don't like the idea of the city saying that I HAVE to do it on their schedule. Like I said, my yard doesn't look bad.... I've seen lots of other yards around this city that have far more leaves than mine. I don't know why the city is always picking on me? Last month I got nailed for using 9 extra gallons of water... this month there are too many leaves in the yard. What will it be next month.... the roots on my trees may be growing too deeply into the earth? Yes there are leaves in my yard... it's Fall! There are supposed to be leaves on the ground! Big deal! OK, that's out of my system.

1 Comments:

Blogger epgraves said...

only 3 hour sleep would kill me. More power to ya dude!

I went out yesterday after reading your post and mulched mine but I kinda think that you have a vendictive neighbor....of course it ain't Dot, so elimenated her.

12:34 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home