Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!




For the first time in my life, I was actually a little sad when the clock struck midnight on New Year's Eve. I hated to see 2007 end. It was a great year for me; probably about the best in my history. The pieces all finally started falling into place for me in 2007. Who knows what will happen in 2008-- will the pieces still fit together? I'll try to stay positive and hope that 2008 is even better.


I had several options and plans for New Years Day. I didn't do anything that I had planned on doing. I was invited to a friend's house for New Years (sorry I didn't make it, Ginny Tonic!). I was invited to Mom's house for the traditional meal (sorry Mom!).
I had a date instead!


We ended up having lunch at Mary Macs-- I can't think of any better way to celebrate New Year's than eating black-eyed peas and collard greens at Atlanta's most renowned Southern restaurant. Plus, the black-eyed-peas were flowing-- free with every entree! For any non-Southerners out there- we eat black-eyed-peas on New Years Day to bring us luck, and collards to bring us money. I have to admit that I'm not a big fan of collard greens, so I substituted cabbage. Hopefully this little substitution won't cost me a lot in 2008!

After lunch we headed to Centennial Park and went ice skating! I haven't skated since I was kid, but it all came back to me as soon as I hit the ice. We skated for 90 minutes and didn't fall down once! People were falling down all around us, but we were able to skate around them every time. It was amazing.



After skating, we grabbed a couple of hot apple ciders and walked the park, in search of that elusive brick with my name on it. We never found it, but I know it's there! Somewhere!!!


Maybe 2008 won't be so bad after all-- it started on a good note!

1 Comments:

Blogger =^..^= Kitty =^..^= said...

And who is this handsome stranger with whom you spent New Year's Day?

10:19 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home