Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas Train

Joel and I were shopping a few weeks ago and we saw a display of electric trains. Joel mentioned that he always wanted a train. A lightbulb went off in my head, and I remembered a train set that I bought at Lowe's a couple of years ago. They were having an unannounced, impromptu sale the day that I was shopping. It wasn't an official sale, just a disgruntled employee that was discounting everything Christmas related to $1-$5. It took a little while for management to catch on, so me and a few other customers had time to fill up several shopping carts of Christmas items. One of these items was a Christmas tree train. I never unboxed it, and it ended up sitting in the attic gathering dust. After Joel's request, I brought it down from the attic, wrapped it and gave it to him along with his other gifts.

It turns out that this train is a lot cooler than I thought! It doesn't go under the tree as I had thought. Instead, it has brackets that fit onto the tree trunk in the upper part of the tree! The train goes around the tree around eye level. If I had known it was cool, I probably would've kept it for myself. Joel was happy with it, though, and I'll be happy to see it every year during our Christmas get-together.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you really want it back just say so.

Joel

7:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home