Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Friday, February 08, 2008

Holding it Together Somehow!


This week has been a total blur! I've been sick since last weekend. I started having troubles with my mouth earlier in the week-- bleeding gums, soreness, etc. I couldn't eat much for a couple of days. I kept silent about it and just kept the pain to myself. By Wednesday I couldn't take it anymore. I called my dentist and described the problem. He asked if I had eaten anything new in the past few days-- maybe I was having a reaction to something. I couldn't think of anything new, exciting or exotic. He prescribed some antibiotics and said it should clear up in a couple of days. Later in the evening, I was having another coughing fit. Michael asked if I wanted to use some more of his Zicam oral spray. As I sprayed the Zicam in my mouth, it hit me. That was the new thing! I've been spraying the inside of my mouth with the Zicam for a few days to help with the coughing and the sinuses-- apparantly I'm allergic to the only medicine that seemed to be helping with my other symptoms-- add another allergy to the list. I swear I was never allergic to anyting when I was younger-- now it seems that I'm allergic to almost every kind of medicine. I'm a freak of nature! The mouth has gotten better now-- it's still a little sore, but I've been able to eat and that's a good thing! Now if I could just take care of the coughing, sneezing, etc.


We picked up Michael's tux from the alterations place yesterday-- it looked great. He's lost 30 pounds since the last time he wore it, so it needed a lot of work. They did a great job! I wasn't so fortunate. I also went to pick up my tux yesterday. I love the tux, but the pants were a little too long. They were supposed to alter it last night and I can pick it up today after 1pm. Hopefully they got it right this time!


I have today off from work. Michael was supposed to have the day off too and we planned on spending the day trying to get this old house in order. Well, his day off fell through and my list of errands continues to grow longer, so it looks like we won't get anything accomplished around here today. I might try to do some cleaning, arranging and organizing on my own-- the clutter around here is driving me crazy. I'm not necessarily a clean freak, but I do like order and organization. I can't stand chaos and that's how I've been feeling every time I've walked in to the house lately. It'll come together soon-- be patient, Brian!

3 Comments:

Blogger =^..^= Kitty =^..^= said...

It would have been nice to see y'all at the Tavern. Why didn't you tell me you were going?

5:19 PM

 
Blogger epgraves said...

Get well soon!

3:28 PM

 
Blogger Brian said...

Hey Kitty~~ Michael & I are at the Tavern every Tuesday for trivia-- it starts at 8:30pm if you ever want to join us!

7:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home