Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Random Thoughts...

I don't really have a topic today, but I've got lots of pictures that I've taken recently that I want to use up.... so I'll post random thoughts, accompanied by some pics!

* I didn't look at the program that the Margaret Mitchell House distributed at the GABB (Georgia Author's Book Bash) until yesterday. For the first time ever, I was given credit for something- in writing!




* I finally got to see, and photograph, the new water lilly bloom in my pond!













* I am very happy with the garden edging that I installed for Michael's anniversary present. I can predict that I'll be buying at least 80' more to finish off the rest of the walkway! (Note to self: buy some stock in Lowe's-- I feel like I am single-handedly keeping them in business lately!!)







* After Halloween last year, I left my pumpkin on the stoop a little longer than I should have. It began to rot, and collapse in upon itself- as pumpkins are prone to do. When it got to be too unsightly, I moved it into the garden, behind an azalea. I figured that no one would notice, and it was a lot easier than carrying a rotten gourd to the hurby curby in the back yard. Lo and behold! The darn thing turned into a pumpkin vine when I wasn't looking! Now I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to do with all of the pumpkins that I 'm going to be harvesting this Fall!






* After the gym today, I stopped at Lowe's (of course!) and bought 2 sunflower plants and 18 marigolds of varying colors. I planted them all around the ponds and hope to God that they survive! I've never grown sunflowers before, but they are one of my favorite plants. Marigolds are a no-brainer... the only plants that seem to be flourishing in this heat have been the marigolds. Plus, they keep mosquitos away, or so I've heard!













* My new favorite past time is feeding the fish. I used to feed them in the mornings before work-- tossing out flakes and never seeing a fish. Last night I decided to feed them before I went to bed. It was about 8pm and the sun was just beginning to set. I threw a few flakes into each pond and all of the goldfish came to the surface and started eating. It was pretty cool the way that they swarmed to the surface. I can predict that you'll be able to find me standing by the pond most nights at 8pm from now on!
* No pictures to show (yet), but I started work on my new office this week. I talked William into painting my office yesterday. We didn't have a lot of approved colors to pick from, so I chose the yellow paint. William worked for several hours painting 2 coats of paint on the walls. When I went to check it out, I discovered that the paint was not yellow at all! It was a fluorescent orange! It was hideous! I went to Lowe's in this morning and bought a gallon of Ralph Lauren Suede paint-- a dark terra cotta color. I got 2 of the walls finished today and I was much happier with the results. So far, my office is the nicest! In the next few days I'll install a new sconce light, paint the trim, replace the floor and hang some curtains. I've got some art to hang, and my desk to move in-- I figure that I'll be ready for the permanent move in about 2 weeks. (Pictures to follow).

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lowe's huh! Something to do with Pod's money. Pod out!
Pod

9:44 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The garden is sounding and looking great. Thanks for sharing the pix. I don't know when you have time to do all that and work too!

Take care, Jim

9:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home