Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Friday, August 22, 2008

Much Ado About Nothing

After being issued a citation and having a stop work order issued, I had to leave work early on Wednesday to go to the Permits office in East Point to make an application for a building permit. I had forms to fill out and submit, along with several drawings of my yard and the "proposed" patio. I had to pay $115 for the permit fee, and was told that it would take about a week for the permit to be issued-- if it was approved.


Yesterday, an officer from Planning and Zoning came by and looked at my patio project and proclaimed that the Code Enforcement officer that issued the citation and stop work order was incorrect! No permit is needed for this project after all!!! The citation was withdrawn and we were given permission to begin work again. A refund check for the permit fee is being mailed to me. Hallelujah!!!



The crew will be back tomorrow to finish the project, weather permitting. I doubt that they will ever agree to do another job in East Point after this experience!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home