Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Friday, August 15, 2008

My Pumpkin Patch




I think I told y'all about my pumpkin patch a while back. If not, here's the scoop. I had a pumpkin on my front porch for decoration last Fall. I didn't ever carve it into a Jack O'Lantern, and it sat on the front steps for most of the Winter. After a while, it started getting mushy and it was too soft to carry to the garbage can without leaving a trail of pumpkin mush behind me. So... I tossed it into the flower bed, behind an azalea and figured that nature would take it's course and it would rot away eventually.


A few months later, I found a couple of pumpkins vines growing behind the azalea! The seeds had started to germinate and formed vines! I watered it everyday and started making plans for what I'm going to do with all of my pumpkins when they reach maturity this Fall. I figured I would need to borrow or rent a pickup truck and I would fill the back of the truck up with pumpkins and park it in a gas station parking lot somewhere and sell the pumpkins. Michael said I was crazy and I probably wouldn't get even one pumpkin.

Well--- just yesterday I snapped this photo of my first pumpkin. Michael was amazed.... well, until he noticed that it was fake. I found some of Halloween decorations at work and brought one of the fake pumpkins home and placed it under the vine. Oh well, maybe someday soon I can post some pictures of some real pumpkins growing in my yard!


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well if you do get pumpkins, I'll be glad to take them off your hands--I carve a bunch of pumpkins every year!

10:44 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cannot even respond.
MRH

1:11 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home