Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Sunday, August 03, 2008

Hilton Head- Day 1





We had a great first day of vacation. Michael and I started the day off by going to the gym. Then we went to the beach with the family and had a good time lying in the sun, and having lunch poolside. We cooked steaks on the grill tonight, swam in the pool afterwards and ended the day with a moonlit stroll on the beach where we sang show tunes. The nighttime sky inspired us to sing "Stars" from Les Miserables. God, we can be sickening-- I apologize!





Jim's fiance, Shannon, is here with him. They got in last night. I'm sure it's a little overwhelming for both Shannon and Michael to be surrounded by this loud, opinionated family--- but they both seem to be surviving so far.














I took Michael to see my favorite water garden today-- I didn't know they had koi in it, but we spotted a few today and they were huge. I love this garden and it inspires me to dig up my entire front yard and replace it with some huge ponds and fountains.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home