Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Friday, July 25, 2008

A Mind is a Terrible Thing...


I used to do some part-time work at a local store that sold antiques and home/garden decorations. I'm going to be very discreet here and not mention the store or the owner's name, but you will probably figure it out. I haven't worked there in several years, but somehow I got on their mailing list. I didn't sign up for it, and my first instinct is always to delete/ unsubscribe. But..... I get so much enjoyment from this newsletter each month! Apparently, the owner of the store is now an overly enthusiastic real estate agent. Hell, when I knew him he was only a slumlord! He's moved up a rung, I guess!


If I didn't know this person and I blindly received this newsletter, I would swear that the author was of Asian decent and that they used an inept translator to put this message together. I don't know why I'm picking on Asians-- I guess because it's written in a "Confucius Says..." style, or maybe I'm the only one that reads it that way.


I'm not trying to be overly critical-- it's just that I receive a newsletter from this guy once a month and each one is progressively worse than the one before. If I were interested in buying another home, this would be the last real estate agent that I would hire to help me. Real estate contracts are very technical and one word can change the entire legal meaning of the contract.


In the example below, this guy writes 4 paragraphs. I see a major grammar or spelling problem in each and every one of them. He even misspelled the first word of the message, and it's an easy one! Come on, man! This is your business- your livelihood! You have 4 paragraphs to "Wow" your customers... can't you at least bother to use spell check? I'm sure that someone has pointed out your lack of grammatical skills in the past!


Enjoy the newsletter below:


"HHello


Its that time again for the xxxxx xxxx Lifestyles Newsletter. I hope that you are enjoying hearing from us and getting valuable info Real Estate, Interior Design and Lifestyles. If for reason you have recieved this e-mail by mistake or do not wish participate simply email me at xxxxxx@xx.com or please below.


I to enjoy hear back from you. So if you have questions or need on of my unique services I am here for you and all your friends. Please pass my name and phone number on to those that you feel would benifit for how I can help those you know.


Enjoy the rest dogs days of summer. Not sure why call it that my dog xxxxxx doesn't like the heat either.


Stay the best health and attitude it make a difference in your life. "

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home