Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Ode to Beverly...



I just found out last night that Beverly will not be returning from her visit to Washington. She has opted to spend the remainder of her days with her family. Her house is in the process of being sold; her dog, Cletus, is flying to Washington this week to be with her.




I have been crying uncontrollably for the past 24 hours. I feel so cheated and alone now. Beverly was my best friend. We kind of drifted apart over the past year... I got busy with work, and got involved with Michael. I stopped paying attention to the things that had been most important to me in the past. I never had a falling out with Beverly. We often disagreed and we fought often, but we always knew that we were there for each other and we still saw each other and reunited often.




If not for Beverly:


* my drag name would be Susan Stone (Beverly suggested "Keisha Lorraine" a few hours before my first show, and it stuck).


* I probably would've lost my house 5 years ago. After a couple of lay offs, my house was in foreclosure. Beverly came through with a loan and the rest is history. If it weren't for her generosity, I would've lost the house and God knows where I would've turned up.


* When Clara abandoned her new-born babies and I was faced with weeks of bottle-feeding a litter of hungry pups, Beverly stepped in and volunteered to cover the feeding shifts while I was at work. For 6 weeks we took turns feeding the babies every couple of hours. Most of the babies didn't survive, but King, Lady and Cletus made it. If not for Beverly's help, none of these dogs would be alive today.




I don't know where I would be today if it weren't for Beverly's support and encouragement. I find it hard to believe that I will not see her again. Please excuse me while I go cry some more..... I wish I was there for you, Bev.

2 Comments:

Blogger epgraves said...

I'm sorry you feel bad Bri, I do too. I was able to talk to her before she left so I knew and wanted to say something to you after a comment you made in the lamp thread but I opted to let someone closer tell you. It really is best that she is with family and after you find some even ground, that might bring you a great deal of comfort because it really made me feel a lot calmer to know that she was with her people and in a very beautiful place on her sisters farm/ranch.

I will confess my main depression over this. I sat at looked at my blog after I found out, it seemed so dark. Beverly's blog sparked my interest in blogging and she is my main reader and commenter. I thought "I can't blog anymore without her here reading and participating. I forced myself to make some posts and I have started getting over that feeling.

Ok, now... for the humor portion, when Beverly reads this she will say "HEY YOU DUMB ASSES, I'M STILL HERE!". I know that Beverly will read this and I want to say I love you and I am so glad I know you!

8:37 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry you're sad.

9:03 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home