Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Hilton Head- Day 3


I slept in today-- by accident. The power went off sometime during the night and I didn't wake up until 5:15am. We had planned to be at the gym by 5am, so that we could get back in time to meet Joel and Mom at Java Joe's for our daily coffee and crossword puzzle marathon. I got dressed by the light of my cellphone and tried again to get Michael out of bed. No such luck. I walked over to the gas station and bought 3 USA Today's (they don't sell the AJC here). When I got back, the power was back on and Mic was still asleep. I wandered down to Mom's to see if they were ready to go-- everyone there was still asleep, except Joel. I guess I have to remember that this is everyone else's vacation too and they aren't all going to be on my schedule.

After everyone was awake, we had breakfast and coffee by the pool, followed by a couple of hours at the beach. We had a few frozen drinks at the beachside pool: pina coladas, daiquiris, kahlua coladas, etc. The cold drinks didn't help cool us off; neither did a dip in the ocean or the pool, so we came back to the condo and napped for a little while before going to dinner at Hudson's. It was great to see Mary & Andy again-- it's turned into an annual tradition to meet up with them. After supper we walked on the pier and visited with a clown named Lollipop.






It was a fun and relaxing day overall. I'm looking forward to doing a lot more of the same tomorrow. It's supposed to rain, so maybe we'll end up seeing a movie or shopping. A long nap on a rainy day sounds good to me, too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home