Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Monday, August 25, 2008

Patio Project Complete...

...well, at least the project is done for the contractor. We still have to finish off the garden. I'm looking forward to it being gorgeous soon-- if it'll ever stop raining! I guess the good part about the rain is that the ground will be soft when I finally get a chance to start digging! All that remains to do is to dig up the grass in the bed, add a lot of dirt to make a raised bed, add the metal edging strips I used along the sidewalk, cover the bed with mulch and install solar lights. I probably won't plant anything in the new bed until October. I'm planning on doing tulip bulbs, jonquils, snapdragons and pansies.



Oh yeah, before I can do any of that, I still need to scrub all of the bricks down with muriatic acid to get the cement dust film off of them. I've got a lot of work to do-- hopefully it won't rain on Thursday and I can get most of it done.




5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Muriatic acid? What do you bet you'll get the epa or hasmet called on you this time! So goes life.

8:43 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks great.....wait, could that patio support a load bearing wall? East Point Enforcement Squad might want to look into this again.

11:01 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry, no agency will go after you for using muriatic acid. You can buy it at HD. It looks really nice, but I can't imagine entertaining in the front yard. Kind of trailer, er

11:17 AM

 
Blogger epgraves said...

Looks good! Glad that you were able to get it done.

3:39 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will give you one guess who is annoying me babe.
Pod

11:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home