Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Friday, January 15, 2010

Missing My Baby...


I taught him to walk....

I bought him his first toy...

I taught him to sing & laugh...

I changed his diapers and bathed him...

I witnessed his first real laugh,

And I taught him to eat with a spoon and drink with a straw...


I made it a daily tradition to visit Dairy Queen for dessert & play on the playground.

I sat with him at the hospital when he was sick...

I provided his first bedroom...

And filled it with toys and stuffed animals.

I taught him to say the most important words: "I Love You", and "I'm Sorry".

I introduced him to Santa Clause.


I slept with his little head on my chest and my arm around his waist for a year.

We held each other and we thought we were safe.


I protected him like a mother lion,

I skipped meals, so that he could eat.

I taught him not to hit or bite..

I taught him to be kind and gentle.


In return for my efforts, I was vilified.

I became the bad guy.

He was ripped away from me a few days prior to Christmas.

My year of being a father was over, and my child disappeared.


Even now, his image is the last thing I see when I go to sleep at night,

And the first thing I envision when I wake up.

I never thought that I would be this involved with a child,

That my love for another human being could be so great.

I never thought that my love could turn into a dagger in my heart.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ms Amanda said...

I keep your little family in my prayers. I'm sorry for the pain and hardship you are all going through.

2:12 AM

 
Blogger Brian said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10:25 PM

 
Anonymous Steph said...

Brian I miss him so much too and I know you and Michael were the best thing he will ever have. I hope he gets to stay in your life somehow.

Love you
Steph

11:49 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home