Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

A Silver Lining


I will be so glad when the holidays are over. I've enjoyed the parties that I've attended, and the ones that I've thrown, but I am looking forward to a little relaxation soon. On top of the regular holiday events, I'm still doing the catering gig and it's been hectic lately. I had to be at work before 5am today to get a catering order delivered to Crawford Long Hospital by 6am, and another catering job was delivered at 7am. I thought I would be out of work by 3pm, but the catering hotline rang and another order was placed for CNN to be delivered by 7am tomorrow. I ended up staying at work til 430pm getting things together and organized so that tomorrow morning will go smoothly. It was another 12 hour work day, followed by a quick run out to Stone Mountain to get my teeth cleaned. Hopefully I'll get out of work at a decent time tomorrow, because I'm due at my Aunt's house in Fayetteville by 6pm for a Christmas dinner with what's left of the extended family. I got a day off on Friday, so I intend to start and finish my Christmas shopping that day, as well as filling out and sending the Christmas cards and thank you notes that have been sitting on my desk for weeks now. Friday night is Kevin's birthday party at Flashback. On Saturday night, I'll go to a Christmas Eve church service and Sunday I'll be spending the day with my immediate family and exchanging the gifts that I will hopefully purchase on Friday. Sometime late Sunday night, after watching at least 7 viewings of "The Christmas Story" marathon on TBS, I'll finally get into the Christmas spirit! If not, I'll spend the night taking the tree down and lugging all of the decorations up to the attic.
Oh yeah, the "Silver Lining" on a dismal day~~~ no cavaties! My teeth have always been in terrible shape, due to the medicines I had to take as a child. They ate away the enamel and left my teeth defenseless. Every time I go to the dentist, I learn that I need at least one or more fillings, or a root canal. Today was the first time that I got a clean dental bill of health, and I was shocked. I haven't been to the dentist in almost two years (when I lost my dental insurance), so I was expecting the worst. So, today did have a silver lining after all! You've got to take your blessings where you find them, and find at least one thing each day to be thankful for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home