Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Monday, May 01, 2006

The Making of a Diva

Keisha's been busy lately. She has a show to do , in about 6 weeks. I took Keisha to Target this week and she picked out some really nice outfits. Unfortunately, she didn't have any money to pay for them and I wasn't about to chip in! So, Keisha went online- straight to EBay! She bid on a few items, and actually "won" a couple. Her new blonde-streaked wig arrived today. It's long and curly and perfect for the secret number that she has planned for the P.A.L.S. benefit on June 17th. She also won a black dress, but she's not sure how she'll use it. It's a little more formal-looking than the cheap second-hand outfits that she usually wears on stage. She'll need another new wig, a more dignafied wig than the ratty "just got screwed" looking wigs that she's normally drawn to. But what kind of performance could she do in that get up? Something by Ann Murray? It would be a new avenue for her, but maybe she could pull it off.
I have a feeling that the black dress may stay in the closet for a while... at least until the next show. I just caught Keisha on EBay again- looking for fog machines, strobe lights and fireworks. Oh Lord! She'll be asking for my credit card again!

3 Comments:

Blogger =^..^= Kitty =^..^= said...

If Keisha wins all that theatrical equipment, please remember that your Kitty has tons of lighting experience. I was the lighting director for a local Elvis impersonator for 2 years. He's in Vegas now and I know he got there because of my lighting!

9:23 AM

 
Blogger epgraves said...

Wow, Very Farrah Fawcett like! Nice!

3:14 PM

 
Blogger Daphne Ruth Jenkins said...

Keisha girl, I can't wait to see what you do for the P.A.L.S. benefit show. Don't let Brian tell you not to wear your bend-me-over hair. When a look works for you, go with it sister.

Smooches,
Daph

7:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home