Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Saturday, July 08, 2006

A Busy 24 Hours

Last night I went to the opening night showing of "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest" at Atlanta's newest theater, Atlantic Station. I was joined by my Mom & Martha, my brothers and my niece and nephew. The movie was incredible-- great special effects, and interesting storyline. Although the movie was over 2.5 hours long. I don't like any movie that lasts more than 2 hours. But I have to say that Atlantic Station is THE place to be on a Friday night... it was crowded and there was eye candy of every sexual persuasion! The shops were nice, but very expensive. I stopped shopping after I read a price tag on a pair of gym shorts ($38!!!). I can buy the same shorts at Target for under $10. Anyway- the whole place is glamorous and I can't wait for the Flying Biscuit to open it's next store there soon! I saw three other Raving Brands chains there (Moes, Boneheads and PJ's Coffeehouse).
I hurried home and got a good 3 hours of sleep before returning to work. I had a catering job in the Bridal Suite of the Marriott at Perimeter Mall that had to be delivered by 6:30am. After that I went by Lowe's and bought enough flowering plants to fill my car. I went back to the Biscuit and planted all of the flowers in the pots outside. By 8:30am, my workday was done-- and the potted plants looked incredible.
On the way home from work, I decided that today was going to be the day to finally tackle my flea problems. I stopped by the vet's office and bought 3 treatments of Frontline, then I went to the hardware store and got flea spray and foggers. I came home and treated the dogs, then cleaned the garage (the nerve center for all flea activity on my property). I sprayed the garage and then set the foggers off in the house and in the garage. I dare any dog to scratch in this house tonight!
Part of cleaning the garage was moving to the curb: two washing machines, two beach chairs, 1 dog crate, 1 dog house, 8 cubicle desk tops, and some lumber. I also swept up TWO garbage bags full of dust, dog hair, rat droppings (left over from the rat infestation battle I fought and won last year), and other assorted dirt.
While cleaning the garage, I found a piece of yellow-lava counter top (same material as my kitchen counter). I moved it into the house and replaced my old desktop with the yellow lava piece. The yellow lava counter weighs at least 250 lbs-- maybe more. It's a foot wider and an inch deeper than my old desktop was. The end result is that I think it looks better, it gives me more room on my desk, and my deskchair now fits underneath the desk. If I end up with a sore back and a hernia tomorrow from carrying that massive piece of lava, it's worth it!


Post a Comment

<< Home