Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Catching Up...

It's been a few days since I've posted, but I've been a busy boy!!!
I went to a wedding reception Monday night. My friend Melody married her highschool sweetheart, Frank (they were reunited 20-somthing years after graduation!) in Hawaii last weekend and they had a reception at The Little Gardens, in Lawrenceville. Melody and I worked at ESC together up until a couple of years ago, and most of the people that came to the party were former co-workers of mine. We fell right back into our nitch and really enjoyed ourselves. It was so great to see Melody, the Jims (Jim W. and Jim S.) and Jenny again. It made me wish we all still worked together and got to see each other daily. I've got to do a better job at keeping in touch, though. I hadn't heard about Jenny's recent fight with breast cancer. She won the fight! I'm sorry I didn't know about her troubles.
The following night was the 4th of July party at my cousin Mary's house in Roswell. It was more of a neighborhood party, with a few of us relatives thrown into the mix. We had BBQ ribs, tenderloin, pasta salad, corn on the cob and any other traditional 4th of July food you can imagine! After supper, we were offered a dessert buffet consisting of mango pie, home-made pound cake (made by my Mom!), a variety of cheesecakes, blueberry pie and in keeping with the holiday, a red/white/blue truffle (blueberries, strawberries and whipped cream in layers).
I got back to East Point in time just in time for the fireworks. Unfortunately, the the thunder was roaring, the lightening was striking and the rain was pouring down. I watched the fireworks as I sat in my car in bumper-to-bumper traffic. I had intended on meeting friends at the Tavern, but there was so much traffic and all of the streets leading to the Tavern were closed. After spending about an hour in late night traffic, I gave it up and headed home.
The EP fireworks were incredible. EP puts on a very impressive show! I just wish that I could've enjoyed it with friends instead of by myself in the car. Oh well, there's always next year, hopefully!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home