Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

A Miracle- I Hope!


Shelby is miserable. She's a Golden Retriver mix, and Summers have always been uncomfortable for her since she has a very full coat and she gets so hot. A couple of years ago, we had a bad infestation of fleas and she developed an allergy to the flea bites. I've taken her to vets and they always give her a Cortozoan shot and a flea treatment and say that it should help. It doesn't. I have tried giving her weekly flea treatments, and weekly baths. But the next day she still sits here scratching. I've set off flea bombs in the house and washed her bedding and treated the yard, but she still scratches. She rolls on the carpet a lot- so much that she has rubbed most of the fur off of her lower body.
I heard an ad on the radio for a product called "Dynovite". It's supposed to cure all of her symptoms. I ordered it and she's been on it for almost two weeks. The Dynovite people say that she should be in great shape within 90 days. We'll see. I hope that this is miracle drug and can do for her what the vets don't seem to be able to do.
The problem is that she doesn't like the taste of the food supplement. So, I spend my nights preparing things to disguise the taste for breakfast the following morning. I've been preparing chicken broth, raw eggs, etc each night to mix in with her morning meals. She cleans her bowl these days!
I'll keep you posted as soon as the supplements start to take effect. Hopefully it'll be soon!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope the stuff helps -- poor baby. You know I'm not an expert but would it help to shave her completely and make her bald all over rather than half bald and then treat her with some sort of salve? That A&D salve (usually used for diaper rash) has been helping my skin following the dog bites. Just a thought.

5:49 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home