Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Monday, November 06, 2006

Job Update


Actually there's no update. I applied for the Catering Director job last Thursday night. I figured that the resume that I submitted would be just what they were looking for, and my phone would ring with a huge offer the next morning, or at least a request for an interview. But my phone has not rung. Perhaps the higher-ups are having meeting after meeting about the consequences of removing me from my current position. Maybe one of the executives has created a power point program, demonstrating the disasterous effects on the Biscuit if they had to rehire someone to fill my position. There's a chance that they didn't receive my application, and I guess there's a chance that they did receive it and I wasn't what they were looking for. Or maybe they were flooded with applications and it's going to take them a few days to weed out the good ones from the bad ones. The waiting is killing me, but I have to remind myself that it's only been 2 business days since I submitted the application. They will call. Right?

4 Comments:

Blogger epgraves said...

you submitted near a weekend.

Safely, give it a week starting this Wednesday.

They will leave it open for a day or two in order to get enough applications to choose from.

8:37 PM

 
Blogger Brian said...

Thanks for the sound advice. Much appreciated! I'll be fine even if they don't call, but God I hope they do!!!

8:41 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been amazed and disappoint is some of my job searches at how slow to respond executives have been. Hang in there.........you're on the right track. Jim

6:55 AM

 
Blogger =^..^= Kitty =^..^= said...

When we went about filling my old job, my boss waited 4 months to start looking. Remember when I was doing all that work. If there is someone in the Catering Manager position, it could take longer. My advice is to cool thy heels and don't mention it more than twice a month. You don't want to be percieved as a nag. =^..^=

4:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home