Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Wrong Week for Vacation


I picked this week to use up my vacation time before it expired at the end of the year. The reason I selected this week was about the only week that I didn't have any catering jobs scheduled. Well, as soon as my vacation time officiall began, the catering cell phone started ringing off the hook. I ended up taking orders for every day this week and like a sucker, I volunteered to come in to work to make the deliveries. I know what you're all thinking, but catering is my pet project and I'm the one responsible for it. Besides, it's not a lot of work on my part- I go in for about an hour, make a delivery, earn a little money for the delivery charge (and possibly a tip) and I'm back home by 8am. At least it gets me out of bed in the morning and I get my day started early- otherwise I'd be sleeping in all day and then getting hooked on my usual morning shows that I used to be addicted to. This way, I'm up and dressed, finished with work and ready to begin a day of leisure around the time the sun is coming up.



Yesterday was an incredible day! I hit Camp Creek Market Place and did the rounds! First, I went to the gym and had a good workout for about an hour. Then it was on to Pier One Imports to return the candleholder that I had planned on returning the previous day. Then I realized that there was a Planet Smoothie at CCMP. I had never noticed it before, it's kind of hidden. Planet Smoothie is owned by the same company that recently purchased the Biscuit, so I feel I need to support it. I had lunch at the new Jason's Deli (my favorite!) and did a little grocery shopping at Publix. Afterwards, I went to Lowe's to purchase some more flowers for my gardens and window boxes, but the selection wasn't very good. Either they've already sold out of the good pansies and snapdragons, or they had to clear them out of the way to make room for the Christmas trees that should be arriving any day now. I'll have to check at Home Depot and see if there selection is any better. Maybe I'll do that today after the gym and a visit to PetSmart and Planet Smoothie!



I could really get used to this lifestyle- it makes me look forward to retirement, which is only about 25 years away!!

1 Comments:

Blogger =^..^= Kitty =^..^= said...

Life is always better when you're good-natured about your work. I know I'd be lost without mine. They say "get a life." Welllllll, guess what -- we've got one!!! As you know, I'm having to "cram" a bunch of vacation in before December 25 when we lose an employee to maternity leave for 2 months. I'm rather looking forward to being more swamped than usual -- it's stimulating!!!

9:35 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home