Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

The Birth of a King


I can't believe that it's been 2 years since this picture was taken! King was probably about 3 hours old when this picture was taken. He was the strangest looking puppy I had ever laid eyes on-- his head was way too big for his little body. And that big pink nose! It was a face that only a mother (or father) could love.

I originally planned on naming him Clarence, after his mother (Clara). I thought it was a cute name. I still do. But, the little boy started growing bigger and bigger. He was the opposite of the runt of the litter. I figured that he needed a name that would represent his power and size. Since he was born on MLK day, I decided that I should name him after MLK. Martin didn't seem like a good name for a dog, and neither did Luther. But what about King? Hmmmm. King it was!


Here we are two years later-- I can no longer hold King in one hand I as did that first day. He weighs over 80 pounds now. I can't hold him in my hand, but he's found a place in my heart where he's held very tightly. Happy birthday, King!



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tried to post this yesterday but it didn't take. Happy birthday to King, a great big ole' pretty doggie.

6:44 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home