Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Advertising/ Promotions



My friend Alex approached me with an idea today. He's a young, cute, South African kid that works at the Biscuit. He's also on the Emory Rugby team. He told me that the team was in need of T-shirts to wear during the pregame warm-ups. I got right on the phone to my friend Brad (at Workhorse) and within a few minutes I had ordered enough matching T-shirts for the entire team. Their shirts will have the Biscuit logos on both the front and the back, and they will wear them prior to every game. I think it's a cool way of promoting the Biscuit to Emory University, and also to every college team that they play against this season. For my efforts, I was invited to attend the game this weekend- sitting on the field with the team. I'm not a big rugby fan. Actually I've never seen a game, and I don't know the first thing about rugby. But, I will go just so I can get a few pictures of the players wearing my shirts!
I also had a meeting with an LA Fitness rep today. She asked for a donation for a monthy customer appreciation breakfast (muffins & biscuits). In exchange, they will stock our menus and catering info for their members. I think it's a good idea, since the LA Fitness is only about a mile away from our Midtown location. At the end of our meeting, the LA Fitness rep offered me a free month long membership. I declined, since I was already a member. On my way home tonight, she called me and told me that she got approval from her manager to comp my membership for the next 12 months! Cool, huh? I sure wasn't expecting that, but I gladly accepted!
I love my job!

1 Comments:

Blogger Peter Parks said...

Just 1 of the techniques in your blog could bring in over a thousand dollars per product launch, thanks for the info Explosive Affiliate Strategies

2:31 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home