Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Saturday Thoughts...


I saw a posting on the phone pole outside of the Biscuit yesterday advertising some furniture for sale. There was a big red sofa, a green chair and a multi-colored chair with ottoman for sale. I was drawn to the multi-colored chair. I remember when I first bought my house, I went furniture shopping and found a chair very siimilar to this one at Rooms To Go. I applied for credit, but my request was denied and I went home with no new furniture. It's bothered me for 7 years now that I didn't get that chair that I wanted. By some miracle, a lady in Decatur had bought this same chair set a while back, and she is now moving and can't take it with her. She was asking $150 for the set and I jumped on it! When I got there to pick it up, she confessed that she had advertised the chair set on Craig's List for $75, and she didn't want to rip me off so she sold it to me at half the price that we had originally agreed on. What a bargain! Now I'm wondering if she had marked down that incredible red sofa. I'll have to search Craig's List and see if I can find it. But, for now I've got a new big piece of furniture in the sunroom- the piece that I've had my heart set on for 7 years. I'll have to do some rearranging, but I'm glad that I finally own the chair. I can't wait to sit in it and watch TV with my feet propped up on the ottoman!
That'll have to wait though, because any minute now I'll be hitting the road for a quick trip to Nashville to the Emmy party of Maryann Byrd. Maryann produced a documentary last year entitled "The Rise of the Southern Biscuit", featuring a very nice segment on the Flying Biscuit. She won two Emmy's for the documentary and she's hosting an Emmy party tonight. All of the restaurants that were featured are bringing their signature biscuits for tasting. It should be fun- I wonder if there'll be a red carpet for the guests to walk in on? That's always been my dream. I mentioned it in one of the first blogs I ever posted here on Life of Brian when I posted a list of things I wanted to do before I die. It'd be cool if I got to check that one off of my list today! I'll definatley report back!

1 Comments:

Blogger epgraves said...

Only in Lil 5 can you find some funky that you had wanted once before. That would go really well with one of the Janice paintings I found online.

12:26 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home