Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Thursday, February 15, 2007

The Secret


Last week, Oprah had a show that revolved around the topic of a new movie entitled "The Secret". After watching her show for an hour, I was hooked and I want to know more. "The Secret" sounds a lot like the self-helpish kind of therapy that I normally shy away from, but for some reason I found myself enthralled, and taking notes! The movie is basically made up of interviews with successful people and they tell the audience their secrets of success. Everything I've heard so far sounds like common sense. But several comments from the Oprah show made me sit up, reflect, and consider a totally new way of thinking. These thoughts make sense to me and I'm going to apply them to my daily life and see what happens. Below are the highlights from the Oprah show that I jotted down. You might think this is rubbish and a waste of time, but I'm going to give it a go. Having a more positive attitude couldn't hurt, wether or not it helps me become successful or not. OK, here are the statements that made me sit up and take notice:

  • You attract what you emit: If you have a negative attitude, you will attract negativity.
  • Nothing new can come into your life unless you are grateful for what you already have.
  • Whatever you are worried about (money, weight, love)-- instead of wanting to change it, appreciate what's there. Find the things about it that work.

Like I said, it's simple. But it makes total sense. It's basic theory is to keep a positive attitude and find happiness with any situation. It's sounds too simple.

I'm sure there's more to the secret than this, so I ordered the DVD to learn more. I'll review it here after I've seen the movie. Until then, I'll just try to keep an open mind and think positively!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting because I've always seen you as one of the most positive-thinking people I know.

5:33 AM

 
Blogger =^..^= Kitty =^..^= said...

Sounds like they're talking contentment. Modern people, in many cases, shy away from contentment...it opposes our society's constant struggle to get more, get better and, ultimately get it all.

"You attract what you emit: If you have a negative attitude, you will attract negativity."
AIN'T THAT THE TRUTH. SOMETHING I'VE LEARNED THE HARD WAY.

"Nothing new can come into your life unless you are grateful for what you already have."
I DON'T NECESSARILY BELIEVE THIS.

"Whatever you are worried about (money, weight, love)-- instead of wanting to change it, appreciate what's there. Find the things about it that work."
WHEN WE CAN BREAK AWAY FROM THE EXPECTATIONS OF OTHERS, WE CAN APPRECIATE WORKS FOR US, AS INDIVIDUALS.

The movie sounds intreguing. Perhaps you would agree to screen it for me sometime.

1:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home