Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Birth of a Salesman!

I tried something new today. I spent half the day in the office catching up on bookwork, and the rest of the day was spent cold-calling on different offices. My plan was just to drop off catering menus and introduce myself. It turns out that there aren't a lot of restaurants that offer breakfast catering, so I took several orders at each location that I stopped at. When I got home, I counted up the number of orders that I received today-- 77! They totaled up to $20,738.36! Not too shabby for a few hours of work! I was so impressed with myself that after I spent several hours writting up the orders, I layed them all out on the floor and took a picture. How cool! 77 orders in one day-- I'm going to start doing this every week!

2 Comments:

Blogger epgraves said...

Ok, You need a staff! You can handle the orders and have a staff that gets up with the roosters and prepares and delivers the food.

20 thousand plus in one day? That out weighs the overhead of a staff wouldn't you say? AND I AM TALKING STAFF! not one guy...STAFF! Go for it! But if that cuts into your comission, then I can see why you won't. At least, if this is any kind of a company you will get bumped up to an executive position over the new, multi staffed catering department... one can hope.

10:41 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ask Brian to give up total ownership of the entire catering gig??? I don't think so!!! He LOVES getting up at 1 a.m. to fix the food, deliver it and hoping not to collapse before he does it again the next day!!!

5:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home