Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

And I thought the "peanut allergy" was rediculous!


Below is an email I received today at work. I did not edit it at all:


"My husband visited your store in CHarlotte today and saw the oatmealpancakes. He was hoping it was something I might be able to eat. Would I be able to eat them, despite the following allergies:


Alcohol

Apricots

Banana

Beef

Butter

Caffeine

Cheese

Chocolate

Cows Milk

Fermented Foods

Flours: White, Wheat, Kamut, Spelt

Lamb

Mangoes

Melons, all kinds

MSG (Found in Accent and many prepared foods and snacks)

Nitrates, found commonly in prepared meats and spice mixes

Peanut products

Persimmons

Soy sauce

Sugar, White and Brown, and Cane juice

Tomatoes

Vinegar

Wine


Also, would I be able to eat a turkey burger or another meat dish possible?Thank you for your time."


Poor thing! I wrote back to her and let her know that the pancakes would not fit into her diet, but the turkey burger would work, as long as she ordered it without the bun, the condiments and the tomato.


Her list of allergies is longer than the list of things that I am NOT allergic to.
I just realized that she listed all of her allergies in alphabetical order, too. Hmmm.

2 Comments:

Blogger epgraves said...

God, I hope that was a joke email you got! About the only thing that the woman can eat is dirt! If it wasn't a joke, that list would make finding something to eat a living hell.

8:33 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you imagine her poor husband with her allergy list in hand having to search for foods his wife can eat? (I think dirt might contain too many nutrients so she's left with dining on air).

5:07 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home