Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Monday, February 13, 2006

Anniversary Celebration


I took this picture a year ago today-- it was taken in the morning before I went to work. When I got home, he was a different puppy-- no longer the biggest and strongest of the litter-- he was reduced to a barely functioning animal. He had suffered a stroke. The seizures went on for days and there wasn't much hope that he'd live til the end of the week. It was the hardest week of my life. I gave him lots of love and lots of medicine and it worked.
Here we are a year later, and he's grown up to be an exceptional pet. He still has a few side-effects from the stroke-- his head leans to the side at times, he walks and runs a little different than other dogs do. But he's the smartest, kindest and gentlest dog you'll ever meet. And most of all-- he loves me as much as I love him.
Happy Anniversary, King! I'm so glad to have you in my life!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home