Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Thursday, November 16, 2006

My Domestic Vacation Continues...


Was it the Army commercial that used to say "We do more before 9:00am than most people in an entire day"? Whoever's slogan that was, I'm adopting it this week! By 9:00am, I've already been to Sandy Springs and back, reseeded my backyard (as if the dogs will allow me to grow any grass back there!), washed a load of clothes and prepped my supper for tonight. I dug out the slow-cooker that I've had for at least 20 years and dusted it off. I added all of the ingredients for a pot roast- onions, potatoes and a 3 lb. roast! Of course, I had to take a picture! I'm sure this will nauseate you vegetarians- a huge slab of raw red meat, but you should smell it! The most incredible smell is filling the house, and I'll have to be content to smell it for the next 8 hours. I can hardly wait to dig into that tonight! Of course, I'll be eating pot roast for the next several days, but who cares-- think of all of the money I'll save!


Here's a picture of my old slow-cooker. Like I said, it's at least 20 years old. It still works and I've made plenty of good meals in it. Actually, I have two identical slow-cookers just like this one. Mom gave me one for Christmas one year, and then another the following Christmas. She must've forgotten that I already had one. I've never had an occassion to use both of them at the same time, but I guess it could happen!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dusted off my slow cooker today too!!! I'm making chili to ward off the cold Chicago winds. Jim

10:39 AM

 
Blogger =^..^= Kitty =^..^= said...

Hi Jim!!! Didn't realize it was "Chicago" Jim.

Brian, sounds like you're having a great time!!! I keep scouring the thrift stores for a "real" crockpot for $5 or less. LOL

BTW, you could always invite your friends over for dinner !!!

1:08 PM

 
Blogger Brian said...

If you were a carnavore, you'd be at the top of my guest list!

2:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home