Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Shelby Update...


If you remember- a few months ago I posted that Shelby was having a skin disease that I was trying to tackle. It started about a year ago-- she was scratching nonstop. She didn't have fleas, and there didn't seem to be any reason for her scratching. She was constantly scratching and rolling and rubbing against anything she could find. I took her to the vet and they couldn't find any reason for it. After a couple of months of this, she was practically a bald dog. Her entire back and sides were hairless. I ordered various supplements on line and tried them out for months, but none of them seemed to help. Last month, I found a shampoo at Petco and it sounded like the solution to our problem. It's named "8-in1, Perfect Coat, Coal Tar Shampoo". I gave her weekly baths with this shampoo, and it worked. Above is a picture I took of Shelby today. She's a much happier dog-- no more scratching, and her hair is almost all fully returned. She's quickly turning back into my fuzzy wuzzy little honey bear!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home