Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Brushes with Greatness!


I attended a food show at the convention center in College Park today. While there, I had TWO celebrity sitings! The first one I saw was Herschel Walker. For those that haven't heard of Mr. Walker, he was the famous running back from the University of Georgia, my alma mater! He won the Heisman Award in 1982 and later went on to play for the Dallas Cowboys and the Minnesota Vikings. I still remember those glory days in the early 80's, watching him perform miracles every weekend.




Later, I was walking through the Convention Center and came upon one of my childhood icons- the Pillsbury Doughboy! He was walking through the crowd- no security surrounding him at all! I was really amazed at how tall he was- he looks so much smaller on TV!

2 Comments:

Blogger Daphne Ruth Jenkins said...

Ooooh, he's so hot! Did you poke him in the belly and make him giggle? I've always wanted to do that!

Smooches,
Daph

5:46 PM

 
Blogger Brian said...

Actually, I was going to do that---- but he was making that little giggle noise inside the costume the entire time I was near him. I found it kind of eerie, so I didn't pursue it.

7:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home