Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Sunday, September 23, 2007

A Busy Week...




I'll start with a couple of pictures from the new Flying Biscuit. I only got a couple of exterior shots, because once I got inside I was bombardered with questions from the new managers concerning tip reporting, payroll, marketing, etc. I'll be back at the new Biscuit tomorrow night for the VIP/Media night. Hopefully we'll be able to get another picture of Delia in my car with the owner/managers of the new store. We did this for the opening of Biscuit #3 and decided it should be a tradition. I might be the only one that remembers, but I want to pursue it. I think it'd be cool to have a 'wall of fame' at the original Biscuit with pics from the other stores.




Speaking of all things Biscuit-- the kindergarten tours start tomorrow. Yes, once again I will become the "Rosebud" of Candler Park! I have about 150 students to give the Biscuit tour to this week. The tours are divided into groups of 18. it's always hectic and stressful to have that many kids wandering around kitchen and the back areas, but we usually do a pretty good job of keeping them corralled! The kids love it and go away with good memories-- I have to admit that I love it, too!


I'm going to the Brave's game today at Turner Field with Joel and a couple of our friends, Robert & Tony. Robert and Joel both have birthdays in September and it's become an annual tradition for the four of us to go see the Braves in recognition of their birthdays. I think this is the 4th or 5th year that we've done this. I'm trying to remember how long the 4 of us have been friends? Joel and Robert were friends first. Robert owned Midtown travel and gave me my first chance to work in a travel agency. Around that same time, Robert met Tony and hired him to work with us, and they became a couple soon afterwards. Later, Joel got a job at Midtown, too. When Joel was going through a "rough patch", he moved in with Robert and Tony. At around the same time, Robert and Tony broke up for a short time and Tony came to live with me! We've all been good friends for about 20 years now, I guess, but these days we only get to see each other once a year- at Turner Field in September. We spend a day catching up and it's always a lot of fun. I haven't seen the weather forecast for today, but I can pretty much gaurantee that it will rain- it has rained every year on our baseball day. Plus, I'm getting my car washed this morning, so it's pretty much a 200% chance of rain I'm sure!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home