Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Ramblings



I didn't get a chance to Blog yesterday- wow, what a busy day that was!
I had to get up at 4am in order to get to work early enough to get 2 catering orders together and delivered by 7am. Then I was invited to go to a Marketing meeting off site. On the way to the meeting, Delia took John and me out to lunch at a Thai restaurant on 14th-- I forgot the name, but I think it started with a T. Afterwards, we spent about 2 hours planning some advertising and marketing strategies for the upcoming holiday season. The 4th quarter is always our slowest, so we're trying to figure out some new ways to increase business. I've been doing all of the marketing for the past year, but this was the first time that I really felt that my opinion mattered- the first time I really felt like a Manager at work!
I thought that since I had gone into work so early that I'd be out of there by 3pm, but it didn't happen. I've got two huge catering jobs this week- one tomorrow morning and one on Tuesday, so I had a lot of work to do finalizing those plans. I didn't get to leave til about 5pm, and even my ride home was taken up talking on the phone to Southern Voice getting an ad together for next weeks paper.
At 6pm I went to Flashback for our usual kareoke fun. Our friend Lesley (famous KJ at other clubs around town) joined us and brought lots of new music. Also in attendance were Beverly, Bruce, Lynn, Matt, Dustin, Barbara, Ann, Sharon, Lucious, Marvin and Kevin. I only got to sing 1 song "Why Don't We Get Drunk and Screw", by Jimmy Buffet. The crowd seemed to like it. It's a cute song, but I wasn't sure how it would go over. Lesley, Kitty, Marvin and a new guy named "Mr. Smooth" sang lots of songs and they were all incredible. I think the bar has been raised-- besides my feeble attempts to sing, everyone else was great and it was more of a concert than an amateur spotlight thing. There's a lot of talent here in East Point!
Tonight is the Hat Hootenanny at Rick and John's house. It's an annual event that the city really looks forward to every year. It's like an early Halloween party, although costumes are not required. However, hats are! Everyone must wear a hat, and people come up with the wildest hats. I usually just wear a baseball cap, or something like that, and it's acceptable. This year I'm taking up just 1 notch.
I'll update My Photo Site (linked here in my favorites) tomorrow with pictures from last weeks drag show, last night's kareoke party and tonight's Hat Hootenanny. Be sure to check back!
Peace!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home