Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Freak of Nature



Some people are allergic to bee stings. Some are allergic to penicillin. Some claim to be allergic to peanut dust and cigarette smoke (I've made fun of these people before here on my blog). But now I have to eat my words. I have the strangest allergy you've ever heard of. I'm allergic to my new cell phone. It doesn't make sense. It's not a life-threating allergy, more like a job hazard, I guess. I got a new cell phone two days ago. I love it. It takes pictures, it has a calendar- it's a cross between a phone and a PDA. The one drawback though-- something about the phone makes my skin break out. I wore the phone on my hip the first day and developed a rash on the hip. The second day I decided to carry the phone instead of clipping it on to my belt. The rash on my hip faded, but I started getting a rash on my face shortly after my first received call. The rash occured in the exact place where the phone touched my cheek. Anywhere this nice new phone touches my body causes a caustic reaction. I've rubbed the phone down with alcohol, but it doesn't seem to help. I've tried holding the phone away from my face a little, but I still get the rash. Now that I think about it, it doesn't cause a rash on my hand or palm-- just wherever the face of the phone touches. I'm not only allergic to cell phones, I'm allergic to one side of a particular cell phone. I'm a freak of nature and I doubt there is a support group for this ailment. There's probably not even a pill to cure it. I knew I was a little strange when I developed an allergy to Wellbutrin (the stop-smoking/anti-depressant drug) that landed me in the hospital. Now it's confirmed. I am a true freak of nature. Maybe it's God's payback for making fun of people that are allergic to peanut dust and cigarette smoke.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe.

Perhaps you're too weak to survive if your body can't handle a cell phone placed next to it. Survival of the fittest, right? Break off a piece of that phone and snack on it and let's see what happens.

http://allergies.about.com/cs/skin/a/aa030203a.htm

10:43 AM

 
Blogger =^..^= Kitty =^..^= said...

Euuuwwwww! Don't eat that, Brian!

11:16 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

there is just enough room here for only one "anonymous" and that's me, "anonymous". so mr. anonymous wannabe, i suggest you pick another name for yourself because the name you are using is already taken.
i mean, what is the matter with you? your mama must must have found you a caution when it came to manners. though bless your heart if she was too strung out on benadryl or inhalers to pay attention to bad behavior. (i hear that the use of those things can stunt the mind and physical development of their offspring.)
and there is just no reason these days to suffer from an allergy. a quick trip to the pentecostal holiness church can cure anything.i once knew a woman who suffered from the piles and a nice young man who believed he was the reincarnation of katherine hepburn. (and good lord he did look stunning in that gown from "lion in winter").but they both went down to that holiness place,handled a snake and reaffirmed their faith. next thing you know those piles were gone and that young man went on to driving the big rigs and preaching the gospel in truck stops coast to coast.
so buck up, spark plug. a little deliverance from what ails you could be just around the corner. if the good lord could fix a case of the piles i am sure he can work wonders with both your attitude and that nasty skin rash you got going on.
and it is easy to get there from here. just turn right, go straight and find salvation.
it's just a matter of faith.
and brian, i am praying for your cell phone as we speak.
even god must be wireless these days.

10:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home