Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

My Assistant: Take 2

I finally have an assistant! His name is Alex and he's worked at the Biscuit for about a year as a host. He's a young, go-getter--- lot's of energy, lots of personality. Alex is someone that I've really admired for a while now. He has a magnetic personality. I don't think he has ever met a stranger. He moved here from South Africa a couple of years ago, and in that small span of time he has become a local celebrity in Candler Park. I offered him the job and he accepted. As a trial, he came to work with me last Saturday to help me with a catering job. He arrived on time (5:30am), and did an incredible job. The only thing holding me back is that we have to find a replacement for his host position before he can start working with me. That shouldn't be too hard. I'm hoping that by the beginning of next week, he'll be mine. He's aware of how hard I work, and promises to work just as hard. I've got about 1 month until my vacation to Hilton Head-- if all goes well, Alex will be up and running and able to handle a weeks worth of catering without me. I can't imagine it-- a week away from work without the catering hotline ringing in my ear the entire time. I had the catering phone with me on my vacation last year and it sucked... I remember taking a catering order while walking through Dollywood, arranging deliveries from the Space Museum in Huntsville, etc. This year, if all goes as planned, I can leave the phone behind and not give the Biscuit a thought for the entire week. I'll keep you posted!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home