Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Friday, June 08, 2007

PALS Benefit





It's hard to believe, but the PALS Benefit is only a week away-- I've got so much to do to prepare, but I'm sure everything will turn out ok. This is the 10th anniversary of the PALS Benefit, and probably my farewell performance. Although I love performing, I'm getting too damn old for this!!



Normally, I do two numbers in the show, but this year no one is allowed to do more than one. That's kind of a relief for me because I'm looking forward to performing near the beginning of the show and changing back into myself immediately afterwards so that I can enjoy the rest of the show for a change. My heart's just not in it this year. I know that I'll feel differently the night of the show-- I may even end up wearing the costume and makeup to the after party as usual. I can't imagine walking into the Tavern after the show dressed as myself-- I'd never get the thunderous applause that I get when I walk in as Keisha Lorraine. God know that that applause and recognition is what I live for. Hmmm... I don't know what I'll do.. I guess I'll decide the night of the show.


Returning to the stage this year will be my friend, and co-worker, Mimi. She wowed the crowd last year, and she's done several shows in the meantime, so I'm sure she'll be just as big of a hit this year!



Rounding out the Flying Biscuit Trinity will be Mimi's partner (and former Biscuit employee) Coochie Gabana. I don't know what to expect out of Coochie, but I know that she's requested 2 people to help her with her props during her performance, and she's bringing an extension cord so that she'll have real electricity on the stage.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home