Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Mass Murder on Westwood Ave


I went out to feed the fish this morning and I couldn't believe what I saw... all of the fish were dead. I checked on them last night and they all seemed fine.

I grabbed my net and began to remove the bodies. That's when I smelled it-- gasoline! Someone poured gas into my pond overnight. Why would anyone do something like that? Anyone that knows me or even drives down my street on a regular basis would surely recognize how much this pond has meant to me over the past few months. I'm out there everyday working on it, and it's about the only thing in my life that's brought me happiness and serenity lately. Just pure evil.

I emptied the pond, and in the process found 1 surviving fish. He doesn't look too good, either. After I removed all of the water, I scrubbed the liner down and re-filled the pond with fresh water. I also replaced the filters in the pump. Hopefully I did all I could to restore the pond to a liveable habitat. This just sucks! I can't believe that anyone could be so cruel.

3 Comments:

Blogger epgraves said...

Seeing you work on it and care for it gave them the idea because people like to try and damage what makes others feel good.

Your pond made you feel good, Beverly's blogs makes her feel good to get things off of her chest and and I feel good about the Historical Society, but some mentally ill monster will dump gas in you pond or kick Beverly when she's feeling down or make comments about the EPHS even tho I worked hard. These things are done by people that don't feel good about themselves.

Sorry to hear it and in this case, I got kicked along with you, you and I both got together to help the Fish at the EPHS and now they are dead too.

9:20 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry. What a totally mean thing for anyone to do. I'm more concerned that someone came on your property to do this type of thing.

10:55 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry, Brian. Like Beverly, I am concerned that someone who come onto your property to do such a thing.

Is this the sort of thing you'd report to the police? Would it make any difference?

:-( Jim

11:19 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home